Tuesday, 9 September 2008

If I Go Away!!!

Assalam




Now this one’s a treasure (for me, I mean)… had written it in a single flow after one of my late night fights with Azhar…. None of my poems is as tidily written as this one… not a single word cut or replaced… everything in a single gush of thought… one of those poems I wrote from the core of my heart….
After writing it completely, I had smsd the whole of the poem to Azhar….. He hadn’t replied a word….
One of the many nights I had cried myself to sleep………

If I Go Away

If I go away
The sun, the moon, the stars
Will all be the same.
But, all I want to know is that
If I go away
Your life, your soul, your flesh and breath
Will that be the same?
If I go away.

There’ll still be those who were left behind
Still be people to come afresh
All would be the same
If I go away.
There’ll still be leisure, still be work,
Still the friends and computer games,
All would be the same
If I go away.

There’ll still be journeys long and short
Still the phone calls from abroad
All would be the same
If I go away.
Happiness more and burdens less
Still life’s ups and downs remain
If I go away.

There’ll still be tensions, still be fun
Still your papa and a loving mum
All would be the same
If I go away.
There’ll still be a large family to greet
Loving sisters and brothers sweet
All would be the same
If I go away.

Life would still move on
Perhaps in a smoother way
All would be the same
If I go away.
From your life- a loner less
All the sad stories less. Rest
All would be the same
If I go away.

There’ll still be boys, still be girls
In your life, in whichever way
All would be the same
If I go away.
No clashing ideals, no different views
No one so harshly possessive of you
All would be the same
If I go away.

There’ll still be rules of the world
But, no formalities for a wretched girl
All would be the same
If I go away.
There’ll still be fights for European games
But, no petty quarrels, no earaches. Rest
All would be the same
If I go away.


If I go away.
The sun, the moon, the stars
Will all be the same.
But, all I want to know is that
If I go away
Your life, your soul, your flesh and breath
Will that be the same?
If I go away.

--AKShamim



No comments:

Translate

Now reading ... "Crime and Punishment" by 'Fyodor Dostoyevsky'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.