Thursday, 16 October 2008

1920 & Phoonkh

Assalam
i saw 1920 yesterday. . .. . . . It is a too good film yaar . . . . ! ! Scary in the true sense of the word. . . . Besides, i liked the story too. . . . I mean its not just lots of bhoot with no story. . . I found the kahaani kaafi interesting. . . . There are a few things bout the film that really deserves to be written bout :->
1. the actor. . . . Don know his name.. . . And don even know if it was his debut or not. . . . . But . . . He looks too good in the movie . . . (maam just scolded me for smiling, chudail) . . . I never liked him before this . .
2. It doesnt give credit to 'medical science' in the end. . . . I would have hated it, totally, had it shown some crap like that. . . I believe in the supernatural with all my heart, and i know medicine cant cure everything. contrast it with bhool bhulaiya which shows some stupid thing. . And Phoonkh , where in spite of knowing that the gal was cured by other means, the (smarty)husband lets his wife give credit to the doctor. . .
3. The last scene. . . . Where the guy recites the Hanuman chaalisa (wel, am nt a Hindu nd so i cnt b sure if it was Hanuman Chaalisa or nt, am sory if im wrng). . . Its just such a lovely scene. . . . I mean, . . . . Well , watch it for yourself. . . :)
4. The gal , wasnt really good lookin. . I mean , i didnt like her ... Maybe coz i liked the boy so much ;) newaz. . . I liked gayatri better. . .

Phoonkh, which i saw long back, was ok kinds, i had liked it then but due to that last scene where the husband remains dumb when his wife is all praises for the doc, i didnt like it as much as i would have liked it otherwise. . . It was not scary (in spite of the fact that i saw the movie in an almost empty theatre, there was only 1 old uncle, and the the boy who checks your tickets at the door , who saw the film along with me. . ) except at a very few scenes, 1 being the hero' s nightmare. . . The movie, instead of causing me any fear, made me think of the way Azhar dresses up and how nice it would be to be a husband rather than a wife. . . Etc etc. . .
the worst part of phoonkh was however, the way the grandma's hand extends long long long. . . We saw a similar thing long back in another movie, bees saal baad was the name i think. . .
newaz. . .
if you haven seen 1920 and phoonkh. . . You shud go for 1920 and never regret nt havin seen phoonkh :)
Tatas

No comments:

Translate

Now reading ... "Crime and Punishment" by 'Fyodor Dostoyevsky'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.