Monday, 26 January 2009

What the hell is WINTER ????????

Assalam
all the Kashis are talkin bout only one thing to me 'Winter'....aren't these Kashmiris lucky??? (well, ya..... 'lucky' is again quite a subjective word).....


winter in kashmir

and here, i am dying to know what in the world is "WINTER".... seriously, its amusing how all my life i've known only two types of weather 'hot and humid' and 'rainy'.........(well, the hot and humid is how they describe it... me thinks.. it's quite pleasant....)
i wonder how it'd feel to be wrapped in 4 layers of clothing,how it'd be to wear a kangri inside ur clothes(kangri is sort of an earthen vessel with charcoal, used by Kashmiris, they wear it inside their 'pheran', their traditional dress),how it'd be to have a fireplace at home, how it'd be to have a heater in ur car and not AC, how it'd be to touch snow.........'Snow'... sonds so good... does it feel good???? forget bout snow.... plain cold...... hows it live in 'cold'?????? the only cold i know of was way back wen i was a little girl... and we had those terrible rains... cyclonic rains... (I live in the Bay of Bengal....)....and it got cold cold cold.... we wore sweaters to keep off cold..... however, it doesn't rain much....nowadays.. not as it used to.... deforestation..... an evil.....
I can tolerate heat better than cold.... adapted to heat, i guess.... most of the time, the fan in my room is off.... any more than 1 hr in AC, and i start getting uncomfy....more than 2 hrs...and im nauseated.... but i guess.. this part is sort of a psychological thingie.... coz i associate AC with planes and airports.... and ya... operation theatres... so... AC brings on nausea... coz' it somehow triggers on the air sickness switch in my head...
even a slite drop in temp...say if it gets 23-24.... makes me rub my hands and feet...will i even survive the winter of Delhi, Kash and such places....
The other day i was talking to a gal who is also from Blair and doin her MBBS in Kerala... she told me how she dropped the seat in New Delhi, coz she wasn sure if she'll be able to take the winter :).....
strange how it is....
the only 'cold' place i have ever been to was Kodaikanal... we reached there at night around 1 am or something... i wanted to die....however, twas quite ok in the morning....




i wish to experience winter at least once in my life..... and ya i also want to live in a desert... i love the desert countries.... deserts are so beautiful.... and Rajasthan.. wow!!!! 'heat' is ok.... im scared of cold..... and yet i think... i want to know how it feels.... just once.... i don think i wil be able to take it more than once... just once....
im happy in my island full of tropical forests and pristine beaches.... i need no place other than the coast, sun, sea and sand.....
but... winter....just once......
Allah hafiz

3 comments:

Shriya said...

You should try Kodai or ooty in December around christmas. 2 blankets are not enough

you can see some of my kodaikanal pictures at http://www.kodaikanalhotels.com/
Best regards
Bala

NiDa said...

lolz sis, I have to admit I rather have winter than hot humid summer! Especially spending 12 hrs of my day under hijab! woohoo! Winter rocks for hijabis!

Snow is fluffy ice...nothing more, inshaAllah you get to experience it too - i'ts amazing (all of Allah's creation is)... Kashmiris have it bohot good up there lol *sigh* I'd love to visit Kashmir one day!

JaLpArI said...

@shriya
ya.... me thinks.. that's the quickest way to see winter and hey!!! nice pics.. :)


@nida
:D ya sis!!! winter is mast for hijabis :)lucky you!!
well, i too wish the same.... a trip to Kash..:)
saw ur profile..
u Bosnian...
Allah bless you....

Now reading ... "The Witch of Portobello" by 'Paulo Coelho'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My Photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.