Friday, 3 April 2009

The Unbelievable God!!!

Assalam
Remember studying the Light Reflexes wen we were in skool????
In case you don’t, here’s a little brush-up to your memory….

“Stand in front of a mirror where you can see the pupils of ur eyes clearly. They mite not be very clear if you have darkly pigmented eyes as most of us Indians do, nevertheless, try to make out the shape of ur ‘black’ pupil against the ‘brown’ of ur iris. Then bring a lighted torch close to ur eyes and let the light shine upon ur pupils. You’d see the pupils constrict.
Now, for 2-3 seconds, cover one of the eyes with the free hand (the hand not holding the torch). Then remove the hand and immediately shine the light of the torch onto the pupils of the eye dat had been covered. You’d clearly see a pupil that is larger than the pupil you saw at the beginning, shrinking to a smaller size.”

This is the “Direct Light Reflex” which is present in all normal eyes. :)
The increase and decrease in the size of the pupils occur to control the amount of light entering the eyes, thus, wen we cover our eyes wid our hands, the pupil increases in size to let a larger amount of lite fall into the eyes to overcome the relative darkness brought bout by coverin the eyes…. And wen we expose our eyes to brighter light, the pupils constrict to cut out the extra lite. :)

There’s also a “Consensual Light Reflex” wherein the pupil of one eye can constrict even wen the light is being shone on the other eye and blocked from falling upon the first eye. This shows the presence of some connections within our body between the two eyes that allow the sensations from one eye to be perceived by the other eye as well…(of course, no one wud be interested in knowing the neural pathways of the light reflexes, so, I wont go into that.)

While looking into my eyes in the mirror, trying to upturn my eyelids, as a practice session before doing it on the patients (am posted in Ophthalmology rite now), I suddenly noted this very common thing. Something that is happenin naturally, widout our knowledge, helping us adjust to our surroundings. Then, I went on doing it again and again until my hand ached holding the torch.
The entire view of considering this a stupid act wud disappear if only you take time to think how fascinating it actually is..
And how beautifully God has Created this world.
How impeccable is His Plan. We look at the misgivings around us and blame God for being Bad. But, if only we take time out to look at the beauty and even better, the Normalcy around us, we’d know that God’s Mercy most definitely overpowers His Anger. If you care to stop and look at ur own body… its parts….. the way each part moves…. The way some movemnts cn be controled and some not……. The detailing with which He has carved us…. The way the various parts are connected internally by the complicated innervation making us cough wen we put an earbud into our ears…… you wudn need to look at any other thing outside of u, to be amazed by God’s Craftsmanship, if we can call it that.
The way we sit down with a notepad and a pencil, sketchin things before we start making it…. Like wen we r making a model or something…. Did God too make sketches of ‘man’ before He decided upon the final look of Adam? How did He know all that man wud need to survive? Like these reflexes? Like the stages of food digestion? The inflammatory responsodes? The immune system? And all this, not of human beings alone…. But all the creatures that He made….!!!!!!! And then we also have the hermaphrodites…. Who are both the sexes in one!!!! And the amoeba dividing by binary fission!!! God is seriously so……well…. Unbelievable…!!!
And it’s this ““Unbelievablity”” which makes me believe in Him all the more.

The one song which came to my mind wile admiring my normal reflexes was a prayer song we had learnt in skool… The relevance of the song here is limited to being His Creation and functioning according to His Plans….
Lukin bak at the prayer songs dat I know, I can think of much more suitable ones.. but, this was the one dat came to my mind.. and so this is the one dat I write…

He’s still working on me
To make me what I ought to be
It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and mars
How loving and patient He must be
He’s still working on me……He’s still working on me.

There really ought to be a sign upon my heart
Don’t judge yet, there’s an unfinished part
But I’ll be perfect just according to His plans
Fashioned by the Master’s loving hands.

He’s still working on me
To make me what I ought to be
It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and mars
How loving and patient He must be
He’s still working on me……He’s still working on me.

In the mirror of His Words, reflections that I see
Makes me wonder why He never gave up on me
He loves me as I am and helps me wen I pray
Remember He’s the potter I’m the clay.

He’s still working on me
To make me what I ought to be
It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and mars
How loving and patient He must be
He’s still working on me……He’s still working on me.



:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

All this only coz I tried upturnin my eyelids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D wow!!!!!!!!!
Allah hafiz


6 comments:

Amirah said...

Lovely, lovely post MashaAllah! I love reading your blogs. :-)

JaLpArI said...

thank you so much sister :) :)
i'm honored! :)

queen said...

it is sad sister that we overlook all the wondrful things that Allah has granted us, we are ungrateful beings. when im in a certain mood i do look at everything and think subhanAllah

Asha said...

MasyaAllah I like this post! There are so many amazing things that Allah has created in this world but people do not stop to wonder who created them.

I guess people are just too busy trying to chase after the material wealth in this world to sit back and appreciate the wonders...

JaLpArI said...

@queen
yes sister its only coz we r so ungr8ful that even the most beautiful things in life appear dull to us.
May Allah Paak guide us all.

@Asha
:) if only we stopped chasing material happiness, and started chasing the happiness within us... the world wud be way way wayyyy better a place to live in.
isnt it?

sandy25.009 said...

perhaps there is no connection b/w two eyes, rather they recieve common motor signals from optical lobes which are two in number and are densly coonected.

our eyes get common signals to move, and to focus on only one point unlike that of birds and some lizards who can focus in two direction at any given point of time definitely they receive different signals for each eye. but our eyes cant do that they focus on only one point and in one direction only.
once our brain knows thru any of the eyes, the intensity of light in environment it sends signals to each eye to resize the pupil accordingly.

Translate

Now reading ... "Crime and Punishment" by 'Fyodor Dostoyevsky'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.