Thursday, 3 September 2009

Songs that (wud) remind me of my past!!

Assalam
I dont know how many people in this world have a habit of relating songs to their own lives... I, for one, am addicted to it… I still remember that Shilpa and I used to talk for hours at a stretch only bout songs… ‘yeh song na mere life ke us part se milta hai’.. ‘who song na mere ko uska yaad dilate hai’.
Lolz.. toh well..
Another add-on to it from my side is that I also like relating songs to my future.. in the sense ki suppose I am listening a song where the hero heroine are talking bout their past… I always tend to think ki maybe after so so so many years this song wud suit my life… I wud be lukin bak into my pst and thinking the same things as is being told in this song…
Well… actually I think this habit is quite sweet.. slitely funny and bas utna hi…. Nothing like I shud be considered immature and all..
Toh this is one song I have always thot of ‘belonging’ to my future.
While now this song does seem to have some relation to my life… earlier, even wen it had no relation whatsoever, I still used to feel ki somehow this song reflects my thots (that wud be) in the future.

There is one line in the song ‘Koi Fariyad’ by Jagjit Singh which I think wud suit evry single person, at some or the other point in their life.
The line goes.. “Ek lamhe mein simat aaya sadiyon ka safar.. zindagi tez bohot tez chali ho jaise”
roughly translated as ‘The ages long journey has come down to this little moment, as though life has moved fast, very fast”
i really do think that kabhi na kabhi in life. We wil all get a chance to sing this one line…
ab jaise… I have this big question of who will I get married to, or rather, more specifically speaking, will I get married to Azhar or not… toh wen I finally do get married to my shehzaada Saleem, whomever he mite be… I will have the answer and then I mite luk bak into my past (the present) and think bout all the ups and downs I have had.. all that I have done and all that I have got.. all that I have wished for and all that I have tried to get… I’ll look bak into my confusions, my fears, my hopes, my dreams and finally feel relaxed coz now I wud be having the final outcome of all these things in front of me (irrespective of wat the outcome wud be) and I’d think ‘Alrite, so THIS was wat it was all about’
the same can be told regarding my job.. wen I finally settle down in life, wherever and doing whateve, I’ll luk bak into the time wen I didn’t want to opt for the Science stream, I’ll luk bak into the time wen I used to fite at home coz I didn’t want to do MBBS, then I’ll think of the terrible times I went thru in Alpy.. and I’ll feel ki allllll these years passed away in a blink and luk here I am (wherever it is)
the same can be told bout any other gal, say, a gal who wants to be a neurologist.. and has spent her entire life weighed under buks…who has sacrificed almost everything for her studies.. wen she finally becomes (or doesn’t becum) a neurologist.. she’ll luk bak into her life and get the same feeling..
why even bother to think of examples.. why.. even as we lie in our death bed and socho ki we get time to think before we actually die, tab bhi.. prolly this thot will flash across our minds once…
toh khair…


This song is from the movie Veer Zaara… where Veer and Zaara are separated by circumstances and finally meet when they are oldies… us waqt they sit together and reminisce the times they had spent together…the video is beautiful but who sab attach karne ka time nahi hai mere paas…
So well.. the bold wala is the part sung by veer and the normal font wala part by Zaara. The bold italic part is by both.

Tere liye hum bhi jiye
Hothon ko siye


Tere liye humbhi jiye
Har aasu piye

Dil mein magar jalte rahe
Chahat ke diye
Tere liye
Tere liye


Tere liye hum bhi jiye
Har aansu piye

Tere liye hum bhi jiye
hothon ko siye


Dil me magar jalte rahe
Chahat ke diye
Tere liye tere liye

Zindagi leke aayi hai
Beete din ki kitaab {2}
Ghere hai ab humein yaadein behisaab


Bin puchhe, mile mujhe
Kitne ssare jawaab
Chaha tha kya, paaya hai kya
Humne dekhiye

Dil mein magar jalte rahe
Chahat ke diye
Tere liye Tere liye


Kya kahu duniya ne kiya
Mujhse kaisa bair {2}
Hukm tha main jiyu
Lekin tere baghair

Nadaan hai woh
Kehte hai joh
Mere liye tum ho ghair
Kitne sitam humpe sanam
Logon ne kiye


Dil mein magar jalte rahe
Chahat ke diye
Tere liye Tere liye

Tere liye hum bhi jiye
Hothon ko siye

Tere liye hum bhi jiye
Har aansu piye

Dil mein magar jalte rahe
Chahat ke diye
Tere liye tere liye

Tere liye
Tere liye
Tere liye
Tere liye





Allah hafiz


6 comments:

WhiteOrchid said...

isn't 'koi fariyad' a song from tum bin??

omg i do the song thing too! lol well if people were to thik u r immature i wonder what they would think of me. There used to be a time where each timeI would get upset over something a sad song would run in my head.

JaLpArI - tHe MeRmAiD said...

yeah yeah yeahhhh!!
its from tum bin...
heyy so u listen to hindi songs??/
u understand hindi??/'

lolz.. yes dear.. that's stretching it too much..:D :D u stil in that habit?? or got over it?? :D :D

jg said...

I ALSO LIKE THE SONG AND ALSO THE MOVIE THE THEME OF THE MOVIE IS ALSO IS NICE IT SHOWS THAT LOVE CANNOT BE RESTRICTED BY INTERNATIONAL BORDERS OR CULTURE OR LANGUAGE IT JUST FLOWS BETWEEN TWO HEARTS WITHOUT A WIRE JUST LIKE BLUETOOTH CONNECTION

JaLpArI - tHe MeRmAiD said...

lolz joseph.. ya... love is like a bluetooth connection.. it flows without a wire between two hearts...
but just like bluetooth, the hearts need to be close by...
or else the love stops flowing...
or maybe im sayin this coz am feelin low!!!
whatevs..

WhiteOrchid said...

no actually I don't do it as much as i used to when i was lik 15/16 lo

i listen to hindi songs and watch hindi movies. I love bollywood movies! :D Yeah I do understand hindi.

When I was in Saudi I went to an indian school for a while so I was used to having people who speak in hindi around me. I even took hindi as my 2nd language for a while but couldn't keep up with it ( I was too young to enjoy it i suppose)

Iswar Sahu said...

hai friends just now i am listening to song remembering my past. Really this song keep my past in front of me. Now i am alone. Because of our families we get separated. Since last one month i was listening to sad song only. Why not you try to listen song of hindi movie shaapit. Its really meant to me and my life. I miss my angle.

Translate

Now reading ... "Crime and Punishment" by 'Fyodor Dostoyevsky'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.