Saturday, 6 February 2010

Brida ~*Quoted*~ #1

Assalam
So, Brida was finished long ago and I have to start quoting it :) .

But before that,
I proclaim again that God’s absolutely mind-blowing. His doings are unfathomable by our minds. We need to realize it and leave ourselves to Him. :)
Like I told in the first post on Brida, I had been trying to read that book for a long time but I cudnt. Finally, I finished reading it in one single day.
I believe that God purposely kept me waiting for such a long time coz probably, earlier it wudnt have been possible for me to understand wat the buk was about. It wud luk like a non-sense, especially coz I had already become so biased against Coelho.
I cud understand the buk better and even appreciate it so much coz finally I had fallen in love for a second time without falling out of love with the first person. Finally I knew that love multiplies, that love doesn’t disappear. Before this, twas only a theoretical knowledge. Now I knew it was practically possible and true. That love indeed was painful yet beautiful.
And so now, I finally start quoting this most wonderful book, Brida by Paulo Coelho.



-->… what woman having ten silver coins,
If she loses one of them,
Does not light a lamp, sweep the house,
And search carefully until she finds it?
When she has found it, she calls together
Her friends and neighbours, saying,
‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin
That I had lost.’

Luke 15:8-9


Allah hafiz



2 comments:

The Splendid Sky said...

Salaam!
I haven;t read Brida.. Is it really good? Whats it about?
Yea me too was a lil biased abt Paulo after reading a lil bit if him..ironically, he was my first favorite author!!

JaLpArI - tHe MeRmAiD said...

Wassalam
yo sis! its really nice, at least i liked it a lottt.. it's about the journey of a girl who wishes to learn magic and find her Soulmate...

i personally dont think the 'story' is good... but as always the individual sentences- they are beautiful~

Translate

Now reading ... "Crime and Punishment" by 'Fyodor Dostoyevsky'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.