“2 States” is an awesomely awesome novel….. :) :) :) ..... if I could, I would have copied down the whole novel here…..but, wel… newaz….Here are a very few sorted out lines….
• I scanned the remaining pictures taken on festivals, weddings and birthdays. In one, Ananya’s whole family stood to attention at the beach. You could almost hear the national anthem.
• Your mind also has a million options on what it can think about; the stars in the clear moonless sky, the beautiful flowers at Nungambakkam flower shop, the smell of incense in Ananya’s house, your best birthday party. There are positive thoughts somewhere in people’s heads all the time. But somehow, even one negative thought will crowd them out. Maybe it is an evolutionary mechanism so we can focus on the problem at hand rather than rejoice at all things wonderful. But it makes life a bitch, as good memories have to make space for the next pain in the neck item. And what does one gain by losing sleep? I hope our genes mature Asp so we can evolve out of this.
• ‘…Sometimes in life you just meet someone or hear something that nudges you on the right path. And that becomes the right advice. It could just be a bit of common sense said in a way that resonates with something in you. It’s nothing new, but because it connects with you it holds meaning for you.’
• The world’s most sensible person and the biggest idiot both stay within us. The worst part is, you can’t even tell who is who.
• ‘You’ve waited so long for this, what’s another day?’
• I guess there are no normal families in the world. Everyone is a psycho, and the average of all psychos is what we call normal.
Plz do read this one… it’s totally mast. :) :) :)