Sunday, 11 April 2010

Daddy's Little Girl by Mary Higgins Clark ~~Quoted~~

Assalam


• Ellie went outside and got on the swing. She pumped her legs until the swing went higher and higher. She wanted it to go over the top. She wanted to fall from the top and hit the ground and hurt herself. Then maybe she’d stop hurting inside.

• Over the years I came to understand that when grief is not shared, blame is passed around like a hot potato instead, thrust from one to the other, eventually sticking to the hands of the one least able to throw it away.

• “And there are people who are born without a conscience and once they are uncaged become walking time bombs.”

• Mother used to tell us that it’s not appropriate to thank a waiter or waitress for service, but that lesson never took with me. to say “thank you” when something that you wanted is placed in front of you never seemed inappropriate to me, and still doesn’t.

Just coz I, too, thank the waiters….. and almost every other service provider….


• But I managed to blink back the tears. I felt that if I ever started shedding them, I’d never be able to stop.

• But for the first time in my life I was beginning to anticipate the future with my debt to the past nearly paid. It was a hopeful, satisfying feeling.

The circle has taken a long time to close. But it HAS closed, and for that I am deeply grateful.

Allah hafiz


No comments:

Translate

Now reading ... "Crime and Punishment" by 'Fyodor Dostoyevsky'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.