Friday, 17 September 2010

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer ~~Quoted~~

Assalam
Alhamdulillah, got my lappy back after a long long time... so, trying to finish off all the pending work.... Read Twilight long back...one of the mostest beautifully written love stories especially coz such a lot
of lines from the novel can be applied word by word to my life...:p :) authored by Stephenie Meyer, Twilight is quoted here.....





When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it’s not reasonable to grief when it comes to an end.

• I didn’t relate well to people my age. Maybe the truth was that I didn’t relate well to people, period. Even my mother, who I was closer to than anyone else on the planet, was never in harmony with me, never on exactly the same page. Sometimes I wondered if I was seeing the same things thru my eyes that the rest of the world was seeing. Maybe there was a glitch in my brain.


• But all this is not why I cudnt look away. I stared because their faces, so different, so similar, were all devastatingly, inhumanly beautiful. They were faces you never expected to see except perhaps on the air-brushed pages of a fashion magazine. Or painted by an old master as the face of an angel.

• For some reason, my temper was hardwired to my tear ducts. I usually cried when I was angry, a humiliating tendency.


• His face was such a distraction that I tried not to look at it any more than courtesy absolutely demanded.

• I was in disbelief that I had just explained my dreary life to this bizarre, beautiful boy who may or may not despise me.


• I felt excited to go to school & that scared me. I knew that it wasn’t the stimulating learning environment I was anticipating, or seeing my new set of friends. If I was being honest with myself, I knew I was eager to get to school because I wud see Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid.

• I was the first to speak, trying to keep myself focused. I was in danger of being distracted by his livid, glorious face. It was like trying to stare down a destroying angel.


• That was the first night I dreamed of Edward Cullen

After that, he was in my dreams nearly every night, but always on the periphery, never within reach.


• I wondered to myself why no one else had seen him standing so far away, before he was suddenly, impossibly, saving my life. with chagrin, I realized the probable cause- no one else was as aware of Edward as I always was. No one else watched him the way I did. How pitiful.
• And that was the last contact I’d had with him, though he was there, a foot away from me, everyday.

I was electrically aware of Edward sitting close enough to touch, as distant as if he were merely an invention of my imagination.


• I couldn’t believe the rush of emotions pulsing through me- just because he’d happened to look at me for the first time in a half dozen weeks. I couldn’t allow him to have this level of influence over me. It was pathetic. More than pathetic, it was unhealthy.

• I tried very hard not to be aware of him for the rest of the hour, and, since that was impossible, at least not to let him know that I was aware of him.


• His voice shouldn’t have been so familiar to me, as if I’d known the sound of it all my life rather than for just a few short weeks.

• I turned slowly, unwillingly. I didn’t want to feel what I knew I would feel when I looked at his too perfect face. My expression was weary when finally turned to him, his expression was unreadable. He didn’t say anything.


• My stomach twisted as I realized what he must have meant. He must see how absorbed I was by him, he must not want to lead me on… so we couldn’t even be friends…because he wasn’t interested in me at all.

Maybe it was just a very convincing dream that I’d confused with reality.


• It was hard to believe that someone so beautiful could be real. I was afraid that he might disappear in a sudden puff of smoke, and I would wake up.

• So few questions had been answered in comparison to how many questions had been raised.


• And I knew in that I had my answer. I didn’t know if there ever was a choice, really. I was already in too deep. Now that I knew- if I knew- I could do nothing about my frightening secret. Because when I thought of him, of his voice, of his hypnotic eyes, the magnetic force of his personality, I wanted nothing more than to be with him right now.

My heart thudded, stuttered, and then picked up again in double time.


• It wasn’t really his fault that his voice was so irresistible. Or what his eyes were capable of…

I tried to remember how to exhale. I had to look away before it came back to me.


• He grinned his crooked smile at me, stopping my breath and my heart. I couldn’t imagine how an angel could be any more glorious. There was nothing about him that could be improved upon.

• I intuitively knew- and sensed he did, too- that tomorrow would be pivotal. Our relationship couldn’t continue to balance, as it did, on the point of a knife. We would fall off one edge or the other, depending entirely upon his decision, or his instincts. My decision was made, made before I’d ever consciously chosen, and I was committed to seeing it through. Because there was something more terrifying to me, more excruciating, than the thought of turning away from him. It was an impossibility.


• I fluctuated between anticipation so intense that it was very nearly pain, and an insidious fear that picked at my resolve.

• But a tiny voice in the back of my mind worried, wondering if it would hurt very much… if it ended badly.


Each time, his beauty pierced me through with sadness.

• And so the lion fell in love with the lamb. What a stupid lamb. What a sick, masochistic lion.


• You’re intoxicated by my very presence.

• Isn’t it supposed to be like this? He smiled. The glory of first love and all that. It’s incredible, still is, the difference between reading about something, seeing it in the picture, and experiencing it.


• Immortality must grant endless patience.

It had taken much less time than I’d thought- all the terror, the despair, the shattering of my heart.


• I’d never seen him dress in black before, and, with the contrast against his pale skin, his beauty was absolutely surreal.

• “Twilight, again,” he murmured. “Another ending. No matter how perfect the day is, it always has to end.”
“Some things don’t have to end,” I muttered through my teeth, instantly tense.

• “Do you remember when you told me that I didn’t see myself very clearly?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. “You obviously have the same blindness.”


:)

A part of :)))

"The Twilight Saga"



Allah hafiz


No comments:

Translate

Now reading ... "Crime and Punishment" by 'Fyodor Dostoyevsky'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.