Friday, 15 April 2011

Haunted




Like a never ending reel of film
The scenes run through my mind
They tear my being apart
Those lips, that smile and the gorgeous eyes.

Haunted…
It’s haunted that I feel…
By the memories that have been left behind.
Haunted…
It’s haunted that I feel…
And the scenes run through my mind…
And the scenes run through my mind…

So I leave my castle of dreams
Trying to shake myself up awake.
I plunge into the river
Letting myself drift away.
Escaping from one pain, moving into another,
Oh! I’m only trying to be alive!
I’m only trying to be alive!

And the scenes run through my mind…
And the scenes run through my mind…

I shut my ears to the voices
I pretend as if I do not see.
I laugh along with people
As if no pain has ever touched me.
Not thinking of you is an effort
Baby, you’ll never know how much I try.
Never know how much I try.

And the scenes run through my mind…
And the scenes run through my mind…

Like a snake wound round my neck
Your absence throttles me.
Your presence, too, was no less
I fear it’s already slaughtered me.
I’ll have to free myself of you
That I may live again after I’ve died.
I may live again after I’ve died.

But, the scenes run through my mind…
But, the scenes run through my mind…

Haunted…
It’s haunted that I feel…
By the memories that have been left behind.
Haunted…
It’s haunted that I feel…
And the scenes run through my mind…
And the scenes run through my mind…



~Almas Shamim




1 comment:

M.Asad said...

Your views are just like mine!!!

Now reading ... "The Witch of Portobello" by 'Paulo Coelho'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My Photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.