Monday, 19 September 2011

The Bhagavad Gita 2:52-53


A very sad few days filled with confusion....With people telling me to prepare for the PG Entrance or to attend the convocation or love will eventually happen after marriage or whatever.....
Today, I was on leave and spent the whole day sleeping.
Both my roomies are here today and one of them has a "Bhagavad Gita" android application in her cel and being the 'Gita-lover' that I am, couldnt resist peeping into it....




I ended up being more confused than I was, though, this time the reason behind the confusion was a bit more universal than my life's personal problems....
The only answer that Aish could provide for my questions was 'That's the way it is'.

I also noticed that Amuda has changed the 'whatever-you-call-it' in her cel from 'OHM' to 'SHIVA'.....this came within days of my telling her that I really love 'OHM'. . . coz 'OHM' is the Allah whom I worship.


In any case, here I would only like to share my most favourite verse in The Gita.

This somehow sums up all that God has ever said to man....

"When thy mind leaves behind its dark forest of delusion,
Thou shalt go beyond the scriptures of times past and still to come.

When thy mind, that may be wavering in the contradictions of many scriptures,
Shall rest unshaken in divine contemplation,
Then the goal of Yoga is thine."

~The Bhagavad Gita
Verses 2:52-53

(Juan Mascaro translation- the one that I have)
 
 
The same Verses by another translator :-

"When your soul passes beyond delusion’s turbid quicksands,
Then will you learn disgust for what may yet be heard.
When your soul, by scripture once bewildered,
Stands motionless and still, immovable in ecstasy,
Then you will attain to sameness-and-indifference (yoga)."
R.C. Zaehner, The Bhagavad-Gita 2:52-53


And one more:

"When your intellect will completely pierce the veil of confusion,
Then you will become indifferent to what has been heard and what is to be heard (from the scriptures). (2.52)
When your intellect, that is confused by the conflicting opinions and the ritualistic doctrine of the Vedas, shall stay steady and firm on concentration of the Absolute (or the Supreme ),
Then you shall attain the union with the Supreme in Samadhi. (2.53)"
Dr. Ramananda Prasad, The Bhagavad-Gita 2.52-53







5 comments:

Chintan said...

mine is, do your karma and leave it to god! But it is very difficult to practice. You are the first muslim I have (not) met who reads Gita. I knew a pakistani in Cardiff and in their family they did not even said Om :) It was *haram* for them to say so....Very liberal you are in that respect...

More love....

JaLpArI - tHe MeRmAiD said...

Set thy heart upon thy work, but never on its reward. Work not for a reward; but never cease to do thy work.
2:47

isnt this the Verse you are talkin bout ? 'karm kar, fal ki apeksha mat kar' . .

I think it is a difference in understanding which makes ppl say that. I dont know.

Muhammad Israr said...

hmmmm.... i never knew the difference between Gita and Ramayana but after watching the epic Mahabharata, i learned many things...i think Gita are the verses by Krishna in the epic battle of Mahabharta?

Chintan said...

yeah its the same !

JaLpArI - tHe MeRmAiD said...

israr . . yeah . . . Wohi hai . .

Translate

Now reading ... "Crime and Punishment" by 'Fyodor Dostoyevsky'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.