Thursday, 29 September 2011

Breast Lump :/


Assalam alaykum

I have felt a lump in my right breast.
My friend, Amuda, told me that probably my palpatory method was wrong. So, I palpated again and yes, by all means, there’s a lump in my right breast. I do not have any wish or the courage to examine my own breast lump the way we have examined God-knows-how-many patients. However, I do know that it is painless, firm in consistency and pretty big :(
Mummy is really worried about it, especially coz recently a family member has gone thru the pains of a mastectomy, radio and chemo. Am worried too, but strangely, after the initial ‘fear’ crying, the major thing that’s upsetting me is the chance of getting an extension. I have 29 more working days of my internship, but, if I need to get myself investigated (and hopefully not – treated), I’ll need to take leave and do extension later… something that I so totally don’t want.

Newaz…

Aish and Amu have reassured me that I am not in the age group of carcinoma, so, it’s ok. But, am still worried… coz’ like I told, a close relative is struggling with post-mastec chemo.
And my body is full of moles and naevi- which are considered pre malignant lesions. Also, I suffer from vitiligo, which is an autoimmune disease.
So.. well….am a BIT worried, if not frankly scared.
I will have to see a surgeon -there are only two female surgeons in my hospital- one is a JR, one is an SR…. I think I’ll show the JR… I have worked with her. I was the HS in the same unit as her’s during my Surgery posting.
I might need to do an FNAC… though I really hope that it is nothing.. I mean nothing at all… and I don’t even get to need an FNAC……

In any case, Alhamdulillah alaa kulli haal
Praise the Lord under all circumstances…

On a happier note, I finally gave the cloth material to the tailor to get sleeves stitched – to be worn with tops, tees and kurtis which don’t cover my arms and forearms fully. I also bought a long and flowy black skirt… I don’t wear skirts…. Nor do I wear sarees. Coz of my morbid fear of tripping over :/
newaz... i've got one now... let's see if i trip over and fall. :p
But, I’d be able to wear this skirt only in air-conditioned places…

Otherwise I run the risk of making omelettes out of the eggs in my ovaries :/


Well….

Also read why I think Radiologists are The Gypsy Doctors in my other blog. :)

Tc
Allah hafiz



Translate

Now reading ... "Crime and Punishment" by 'Fyodor Dostoyevsky'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.