Saturday, 10 December 2011

Reminded of.

I am reminded of many things. I shall write down five of the short ones here. Others can be saved for later posts coz what is a life without procrastination . . .

1. It's from Salman Rushdie's Midnights Children (Yupp, the fatwa guy). I dont remember the exact words but it talks about the Christian missionaries of those days and the Hindu converts to Christianity. The new converts asked them questions like, 'What colour is Jesus?' And the missionaries knew that white or black could sound partial
so they told 'blue'. This pleased the converts. It was easy to worship a blue Jesus after having worshipped a blue Krishna for so long.

2. In a very old Post, the first 21 reflections I think, I have written bout those things which Azhar used to say that irritated me a lot. One of them was calling Allah 'dude'. I used to think it is very disrespectful. That was during '21' reflections.

3. Advait had told me on one of our casualty nights, "Almas, if there is a girl, there is a boy."

4. Recently Advait told, "If it is my day , I'll get it."

I wouldnt write the context in which both these statements were told. I expect myself to remember.

5. This is from "City of Angels", where the surgeons are operating on a patient. . . And they are losing the patient. The lead actress (i think her name is Meg Ryan) who is a surgeon, says somethin like 'we wont lose her'. . . Somethin like that. . . Meaning they wouldnt let the patient die. And Niccage, who plays (an) Angel of Death in the movie, just stares at her with those extremely beautiful eyes and a blank look coz HE knows the patient IS going. THAT is why he is there - to take the patient away.



Translate

Now reading ... "Crime and Punishment" by 'Fyodor Dostoyevsky'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.