Monday, 27 March 2017

Taliban



An iconic picture this one is…. Has always reminded us of how dangerous extremism could be. How perfectly normal lives could turn upside down, without their choice, without their consent. At some point, this picture must have made quite a many atheists- what with a so-assumed ‘SkyGod’ demanding control over women’s bodies, attire, whole lives! Unfortunately for them, as it stands today, there appears no requirement of such a role- that of a SkyGod- for History to repeat and for the same situation to occur elsewhere, all in the name of an international border- as man-made as this laptop on which I am typing my head out.  

It is saddening to see the same picture which only years ago represented the nostalgia of a war-torn-brought-down-to-shambles neighbour, now be used to represent the India of today, used to represent, in an ever so subtle way, our future.

I remember, as a school kid, I maintained a notebook where I noted down new words and phrases that I read- their meanings- and sometimes also sentences, showing the usage of the words. I also remember learning the meaning of ‘Impending Doom’ and noting it down in my notebook.
This picture, today, ceases to speak a tale of Afghan misery…. It now reeks of India’s ‘impending doom’.

Meanwhile, I ate Chicken Manchurian today.

Considering India’s current situation, who needs to go all the way to Spain? A trip to Kerala and a sumptuous dose of porotta and beef curry should be daring enough!! Taste it while it lasts...

Now, am a veggie lover all the way, but given that India is anyway going down the Afghan path (of Talibanization), we never know kya kya band ho jaaye. Kal thha beef, aaj hai buffalo aur kal kya hoga...chicken?? Andaaaa???? Pura mulk Saravana Bhavan??

Isliye, Happy Chicken Manchurian for today.....


No comments:

Translate

Now reading ... "Crime and Punishment" by 'Fyodor Dostoyevsky'.

Sociable

..

..
Educate The Muslimah !!!!

..

..
Pay Your Zakaat To The Deserving!!!

Shorten Url

..

..
Speak Out !!!

About Me

My photo
Port Blair, Andamans, India
I am exactly as you think I am!

Don't You Copy Wat I Write !!!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

License..

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.